Helping Ukrainians: an update from the Sanctuary Foundation
As a church, we have signed up with the Sanctuary Foundation who work to assist churches and community groups to connect with Ukrainian refugees.
You can find out more about the Sanctuary Foundation and check out their website here. In the meantime, here are some other ways they are currently suggesting you can support Ukrainians;
1. Watch the How to Welcome Ukrainian Refugees event video.
2. If you know Ukrainian refugees who are here in the UK already, ukrainewelcome.org has some helpful information.
3. If you know of Ukrainians who are seeking refuge, please encourage them to register for sponsorship matching on homesforukraine.org
- Pray for Peace in Ukraine and for a change of heart from Russia’s leaders.
- Ukraine’s refugee crisis continues to increase – some 70 000 children a day are becoming refugees. Most people leaving are women and children and there are real concerns around the risk of abuse and trafficking.
- The government scheme is brand new and untested. Pray that it will allow many people to come to the UK safely and be looked after by appropriate carers.
- The civil servants working on developing this scheme are working extremely long hours.
- The Hong Kong resettlement, Afghan resettlement and now the Ukrainian humanitarian scheme all in the past year have brought significant challenges. Please pray for continued endurance and wisdom and for them to find encouragement in the good that they do.
You can see more updates on our newcom.church/ukraine page